How To Setup & Activate A New Comcast XFINITY Cable Modem
Easily setup your new XFINITY cable modem by following these easy steps. Self-Activation is available online. There is no need to call Comcast. If you need a new XFINITY modem, you can find one for your needs here. See all XFINITY Cable Modems.
1. Find your Comcast account number and phone number associated with your account. This is located on your bill. You many need this information.
2. Disconnect any old equipment. Connect new modem or gateway to the coax, wall outlet and PC only. If you have a router leave it out of the configuration for now. After the modem itself is activated, the router can be connected. Coax connections should be finger tight to avoid signal loss.
3. Wait up to 10 minutes for the online light to be green on the modem.
4. Open a web browser from a computer. Comcast's activation page should automatically open. If not visit www.xfinity.com/activate
5. Follow the onscreen prompts to begin activation. You will need your account info if you have not yet setup a username & password.
6. The rest of the installation is pretty straight forward, following the onscreen instructions. After the modem has been setup, it may reboot. Once this occurs and the modem is back up an running, you can then connect a router. If you require further assistance, you can contact XFINITY support. Additionally, if you purchased your new modem from Amazon, it may have come with 90-days of free tech support. View your ordered items and select contact support if available. You may also call the manufacturer of the modem for support as well.
7. Returning Equipment To Comcast - Sign in to your XFINITY account and select Equipment Return page. Here, you can initiate the return process. Alternatively, you can simply just go any UPS Store, XFINITY Customer Center, or XFINITY store. Make sure the serial numbers on your equipment match that in your Comcast account. Another option - if you kept the return label from when you received your self-install kit, you can use that to return your equipment. Either way you do it, you can track your return status at https://xfinity.com/returns.